Ben Orenstein is joined by Gordon Fontenot and Matt Mongeau, two thoughtbot developers, to discuss iOS development using both Objective-C and RubyMotion. Ben, Matt, and Gordon talk about the differences between the two platforms for iOS development, testing in iOS development, the difficulty in it, and the ways to do it. They also make they're recommendations for getting started with iOS development, and discuss iOS apps they like, designing iOS applications, the iOS release cycle, and much more.
- Bacon, a small RSpec clone
- Writing Tests for RubyMotion Apps
- Joel on Software, "Back to Basics"
- The LLDB Debugger
- RubyMotion, by Clay Allsop
- Test-Driven iOS Development
- All the C You Need to Know
- Fantastical for iPhone
Follow @thoughtbot, @halogenandtoast, @gfontenot, and @r00k on twitter.Support Giant Robots Smashing Into Other Giant Robots